Ahead of COVID-19 we continued with our expert interview series and sat down with Claudia Cometa, PharmD of Peace Advocacy Group. Claudia is a patient advocate and educator. She focuses on medical advocacy and educating others on how to advocate for themselves and those they care about while navigating our healthcare system. Claudia’s work is informed by her education and background as a pharmacist and personal experiences navigating our healthcare system with a loved one facing a major medical challenge.
In light of recent events, it is safe to say that our health and medical care have been top-of-mind so Claudia’s message feels especially timely.
In the video Claudia addresses:
- What is medical advocacy and why is it important?
- What is an “activated patient”?
- What are some of the pitfalls (and causes of the pitfalls) of the current healthcare system?
- How can you become a better advocate for yourself and your loved ones?
- What mindset shifts are important to embrace?
- You can find Claudia on her website here.
- Claudia’s podcast episodes can be found here.
- Claudia’s free course on organizing your medical documents and information can be found here.
If you have any comments or questions please do not hesitate to let any of the Partners know.