Kyle McKinley joined our team in the fall of 2017. As Koss Olinger’s Financial Services Consultant, Kyle is one half of our investment service team along with Adam Varnedoe. If you call in for service please feel free to ask for either Kyle or Adam as they can both help you with your investment service needs.
In order to get to know Kyle a bit better we asked him a series of questions. Here are Kyle’s responses.
10 Questions with Kyle McKinley
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? I had the pleasure of joining the KO Family as a Financial Service Consultant in November of 2017.
- Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in the great city of Gainesville, Florida. My Godparents are Albert and Alberta and I am allergic to the colors garnet and gold in any form.
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. I have one English Bulldog. His name is Brutus. He spends most of his days taking naps throughout various parts of the house, chasing lizards in the backyard and occasionally enjoying a nice belly rub.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? I knocked out half of my front tooth with a Yo-Yo when I was in 5th grade.
- What do you consider your best quality? I would say acting with integrity would be my best trait. You may not always make the right decision, but if you use respect and compassion in your decision making, nine times out of ten it will lead you in the right direction.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be and why? Christopher Columbus. I would love to find out what he thinks of his legacy. His calculations were really off. Even for those times. How do you end up in the Bahamian Islands while trying to get to Asia from Western-Europe? Does he really think he deserves all of the credit when he sailed to the Americas by sheer luck? Either way I would like to show him Google Maps on my iPhone.
- What is the best advice you ever received? Do not stress over the things you cannot control.
- What super power would you like to have? Being able to see through objects. This would come in handy for Poker.
- What is your favorite food? Steak. Nothing beats a nice medium-rare ribeye.
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? My biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team is my ability to work in a team environment and work towards a common goal. I attribute this to playing organized sports growing up. I believe a trophy is never won by an individual, but multiple people working towards a common desire.