Will began at Koss Olinger in 1992. After spending his childhood roaming the halls of the Koss Olinger office his career at Koss Olinger began after college as an advisor. Years later he transitioned into a leadership role as one of two Managing Partners of the company.
Today Will plays a key role in envisioning and inspiring the direction of Koss Olinger while maintaining the high standards Koss Olinger has always represented. We are grateful to have Will as one of our leaders and appreciate his higher vision for our great company!
10 Questions with Will Olinger:
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? I have been with Koss Olinger since 1992, 24 years. I am one of the Managing Partners for the firm. I work with clients to help them reach their goals and objectives. I also oversee the long term vision for Koss Olinger to ensure our firm is here to help the children and grandchildren of our current clients.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Gainesville, FL. One of my earliest memories is shooting wadded up paper into a basketball hoop trash can at the first Koss Olinger office on 6th street and 10th avenue in Bill Koss’s office when my dad would take me on Saturdays.
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. Yes, we have two. The first is Rosie a ruby Cavalier King Charles spaniel, think Lady from Lady and the Tramp. The second is Piper a rescue mutt. She looks like Benji.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? I grew up swimming all the time. Ever since I was around 10 years old I could hold my breath for over two minutes. I have won a lot of money on bets with people in the pool. I just won a bet the other day when I held my breath for 2 minutes and 18 seconds. I might be a little too proud of that.
- What do you consider your best quality? My loyalty. I am extremely faithful to my family, friends, and our clients.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be? Winston Churchill, I pride myself in staying calm during moments of stress and chaos. I feel like that is really important in the work we do for our clients during tough times. There is no one who had to make harder decisions during a more chaotic time than Winston Churchill did as Prime Minister of the UK during World War II. I would love to soak up his wisdom, thoughts, and experiences in person.
- What is the best advice you ever received? My “Granddaddy Olinger” told me before he passed away that I should one day work with Bill and Bill at Koss Olinger. He told me it would be a great future for me and he was so right.
- What’s your super power? I believe it is my marriage with Leigh Ann. We are a great team. We got married two weeks before I started working at Koss Olinger. We have three fantastic daughters. Brittney 20 finishing her second year in Business and Economics at Oxford University in England, Katie Grace 17 a rising senior in high school who will be a softball pitcher at UNC Chapel Hill, and Reece 12 a soon to be seventh grader who loves to sing. My marriage has given me tremendous confidence in life.
- What is your favorite food? I love pizza! I could eat pizza for all three meals.
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? I am really good at creating deep client relationships and being creative in problem solving for both our clients and company.