Brian began his career at Koss Olinger nearly 20 years ago. He transitioned into an advisor role upon graduation and later became a partner in the firm. Brian’s positive attitude, approachability and ability to think strategically about challenges make him effective both as an advisor to our clients and as a leader to our team. We are grateful to Brian for his contributions.
10 Questions with Brian Watson
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? 18 years as a financial advisor; a partner for the last 12 years.
- Where did you grow up? I was born in Gainesville, but also lived in Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Kansas City before coming back to the University of Florida for college.
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. No pets as of now.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? In 5th grade I jumped on a pogo stick 1,200 times in a row, I guess I had too much free time!
- What do you consider your best quality? I’m a very honest person and I look out for other people.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be? Peter Drucker, he is a famous management and business thinker.
- What superpower would you like to have? I’ve always wanted to be able to fly, maybe from watching Superman as a kid.
- What is the best advice you ever received? Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- What is your favorite food? Pizza and tacos
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? I am able to focus on a client’s situation or a project and analyze and organize lots of details.