Shannon began as a Koss Olinger intern while in college. After graduation Shannon joined the KO team as a support staff member and shortly after transitioned to the advisor track. Shannon plays a key role on the Koss Olinger team both as an Advisor and KO team member. We are grateful to Shannon for her valuable contributions both behind the scenes and with our clients.
10 Questions with Shannon Hord:
- How long have you been with Koss Olinger and what is your role? Initially, I interned with Koss Olinger for a year while I was at the University of Florida. Now, I am an advisor and have been with the firm for two and a half years.
- Where did you grow up?Merritt Island, Florida
- Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them. I have two dogs. Jax is a 5 year old miniature pinscher and Bentley is a 2 year old shepherd hound mix.
- What is something people would find surprising to learn about you? Before moving to the States in 2000, I was born and raised in Gloucester, England for 7 years and later relocated with my family to Surrey, England for 2 years.
- What do you consider your best quality? Loyalty
- If you could have dinner with one famous person from history who would it be? I would have dinner with Princess Diana. She was so beloved by the people of England and I would find it fascinating to hear about her life, the Royal family and all of her philanthropic endeavors.
- What is the best advice you ever received? My parents have always instilled a very strong work ethic in me from a young age. They have always challenged me to give it my all, no matter the task at hand.
- What’s your super power? I would like to think it is my ability to make people laugh. Although, it’s probably safe to assume they are laughing at me, not with me.
- What is your favorite food? Chicken Tikka Masala
- What do you think is your biggest contribution to the Koss Olinger team? I think one of my biggest contributions to Koss Olinger is my willingness to help. I am always happy to assist anyone on our team to make sure that the job gets done.